Starting as an addon for user experience, Google’s AMP is now a must-have feature for websites for higher SEO ratings. Google gives preference to websites who are using AMP as they simply load at blazing fast speed and give the visitor amazing user experience. So, if you have not adopted AMP, then you should start thinking about your SEO strategies again.
The big question is, what is Google AMP? According to the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project, “The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an open-source initiative that embodies the vision that publishers can create mobile optimized content once and have it load instantly everywhere.” In simpler terms, when you make a search a term in Google, it will show you carousel of web pages or articles that highlight stories on AMP-enabled websites.
In technical terms, AMP:
1. Forces user to use streamlined CSS.
3. Utilize AMP CDN to optimize content and cache them for fast delivery
The benefits and impacts of AMP
• Developed to lessen the loading period of the content
• High accuracy page loading
• Effectively reduce the website bounce rate by reducing the loading time
• Offers a friendly environment to a wide range of ad networks
• Fast, secure and light ads
• SEO friendly and ideal mobility as it is accessible from all the devices
• Ensures a mobile-friendly display
• Search engines can easily discover web page as customization of web content is not required
• Can be moulded in any browser type
• Improved Google search ranking
• Optimized data consumption as users can install the website as an app without an app store
• The sitemap is not required as google will choose themself
– Who should use AMP in their websites
Right now, the most boundless utilization of AMP is by all accounts on news or blog locales which create new substance on a progressing premise. “Brochure” sites which include standard data about your organization and items, or administrations are not prone to profit as much from AMP, yet surely won’t hurt by actualizing AMP.
If you use Twitter as a stage for sharing new substance, enhancing your site for AMP bodes well in light of the fact that tapping on a connection inside the Twitter application opens a program explicitly intended to utilize AMP.
WordPress has made executing AMP simple with a module. In the wake of introducing and setting up the module, verify how your substance looks by just adding/amp as far as possible of your URL. A component of AMP’s reserving framework is a work invalidator, and you’ll likewise need to set up your Google Search Console to approve AMP content just as empower AMP following in Google Analytics.
AMP is highly beneficial for your website:
1. When most of the website traffic comes from smartphones.
2. When you need to boost your page load speed.
3. When you want to decrease your bounce rate.
4. When you want to reduce the budget on paid ads.
5. When you want to improve your Quality Score and page experience.